Sat, Jan 21|
LOCATION CHANGE: Free Stargazing at JF Kennedy Park
Join us at JF Kennedy Park and enjoy the beauty of the night sky! We will have advanced telescopes, binoculars, Space related activities for everyone to enjoy during this family friendly event on the west side of Tucson! DUE TO NUMBER OF RSVP's, WE HAD TO MOVE THE EVENT ACROSS THE STREET.
Time & Location
Jan 21, 2023, 5:30 PM – Jan 22, 2023, 9:30 PM
Tucson, 3700 S Mission Rd, Tucson, AZ 85713, USA
About the event
THIS EVENT IS NOW AT JF KENNEDY PARK due to the number of RSVP's, it is NO LONGER at the castle.JF Kennedy park is right across the street though, we hope you understand!
PLEASE RSVP IF YOU HAVEN"T ALREADY, WE WILL BE SENDING OUT THE EXACT LOCATION IN THE PARK SOON!
This month is a special occasion and we are hosting our monthly stargazing event on the West side to extend our reach and to share our mission with others!
One of our main programs is stargazing! Each month we host these events with our best telescopes and binoculars with a goal to inspire and uplift the community towards the stunning beauty of this hobby.
We invite you to join us under the immense beauty of our dark skies for a special event of wonder and awe! Tucson AZ and the surrounding areas are the headquarters of the International Dark Sky Association who are our good friends! Their efforts have allowed for incredible views of the night sky, even near the center of Tucson. This is something that most cities lack. We take FULL advantage of this by hosting "Star Parties" throughout the year to view the stars, planets and galaxies, nebulae and other objects in our incredible Milky way galaxy!
Things to know:
- Don't forget to bring your family and invite your friends. Sharing on social really makes a galactic differance! Links below, or press the icons at the bottom of the page.
- Dress warm, bring a chair if you want. Don't forget your family and friends!
- Each stargazing event starts at sunset, but be aware that "sunset" changes throughout the year. When in doubt: Sunset!
- If you're familiar with astronomy, please connect with us. We are looking for knowledgeable volunteers who can opperate a telescope and help the community find, focus and share objects!
- This is free to attend, but we'd really appreciate any donations, which goes straight into funding our youth program, events, charity work and educational programs. We are always looking non-perishables, backpacks, telescopes and equipment.
Let us know if you have any questions!
Well see you out there under the stars!
- Reach for the Stars Nonprofit Team.
PS: Learn about our youth program, educational events, rentals, book a private event, telescope repairs and our mission at www.rftstars.com, and be sure to FOLLOW US ON ALL SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS to stay up to date with events, classes, lessons, solar days and starry nights: